If You Are An Expert, Become An Author This Year
You can be an expert of anything – marketing, HR, management, strategy, technology, or more but if you are, you have the power within you to help and inspire many in your industry. By becoming an author, you cannot just share your wisdom with them but also create a personal bran for yourself that will propel you towards greater success and on that journey, will create impact on many others.
5 Reasons For You To Become An Author
If you wish to transform lives, become an author; Let your book guide people through your words of wisdom, real-life stories, and practical insights. You can help them find their pathways to success for you have already walked the path. You might have learned from life so it took a lot of hardships. You can ease their journey by helping them learn directly from you by sharing secrets of the trade or formulas for success.
If you wish to bring a revolution, become an author; Let your book talk about the ideas that can create innovation in the world. The Secret, The Monk who Sold his Ferrari, 7 Habits of Habits of Highly Effective people…these books introduced new ideas to the world, the ideas that we now see in frameworks we learn. Your ideas, concepts, principles, models – they can also guide the world to find solutions to problems they are still trying to understand.
If you wish to share your discoveries, become an author; Let your book share with the world what you have learnt through your research, studies, or experience. The Secret, The Monk who Sold his Ferrari, 7 Habits of Habits of Highly Effective people…these books introduced new ideas to the world, the ideas that we now see in frameworks we learn. Your ideas, concepts, principles, models – they can also guide the world to find solutions to problems they are still trying to understand.
If you wish to create a powerful personal brand, become an author; Let your book be an asset that can support your professional growth. As an author, you can bring pace to your journey so you can rise fast because a book marks you as an expert of your domain in the eyes of the world. It will not just announce your expertise but also give you an opportunity to share your potential so you can gain belief and trust of those who can augment your growth.
If you want to support your mentees or learners, become an author; Let your book be an exclusive reference material for your learners if you are a coach so they can keep learning and growing. As a coach, you get immense satisfaction when your mentees go high in their careers, business or life. However, you cannot keep holding their hands forever but your book can for it is an asset that can be their companion for life. Your book will keep propagating your lessons even when you are far.
Ten Ways You Can Convert Your SME Wisdom Into A Book
As a subject matter expert (SME), here are a few ways that you can create a self-help book that helps you and others progress in your profession:
- Write a book on the challenges you faced in life and discuss how you solved them
- Write a book on lessons you learned from personal and professional life and discuss how they can make other’s life easier
- Write a book on the principles you have used in life that got you success
- Write a book on business or management problems that you solved and share your methods
- Write a book that can help new learners understand how your industry works
- Write a book on application of popular framework in arena that you mastered
- Write a book on creating innovation in your industry and discuss how they were brought about
- Write a book on frameworks, methods, models, or principles that can help people in your industry overcome challenges and solve problems
- Write a book on the biggest challenge your industry is dealing with and help readers find solutions through your insights
- 10. Write a book for novices to help them understand the terminologies, structures, systems, and jargons of your industry